Earth Day 2015
Exercise your environmental stewardship and demonstrate your support for environmental protection this Earth Day!
With increasing awareness towards utilizing renewable resources to promote sustainable interior environments, more industries and individuals are looking for Eco-friendly alternatives to their main-stay products. As part of our Eco-friendly product line-up, ATS Acoustic Eco-Panels provide both superior acoustical performance and impressive environmental stewardship.
Why are ATS Acoustic Eco-Panels a green, sustainable product?
- Contributes to LEED certified projects.
- Core material of either ECOSE® fiberglass or recycled Cotton material (note that Class A fire rating is not available on the recycled Cotton material).
- ECOSE® Technology fiberglass contains no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics, or artificial colors.
- Features 58% post consumer recycled materials.
- Reduces binder embodied energy by up to 70%.
- Features carbon negative sustainability by reducing carbon generation during life cycle.
- Recycled Cotton material features 80% pre-consumer recycled materials.
- 97% post-consumer recycled composite plastic frames.
- EPA award winning, soy-based PureBond® backing.
- 100% Jute fabric features rapidly renewable natural fibers.
Click Here to learn more about our ATS Acoustics Eco-Panels and how they can impact your next Green project.
Expanding upon the current product line-up, ATS Acoustics is pleased to bring you our new ATS Wedge Foam Acoustic Panels 12x12x2 in Charcoal and Grape! This latest addition to our ATS Foam Acoustic Panels product line provides a smaller panel size option with bigger opportunities for design and acoustic treatment within limited space areas.
ATS Wedge Foam Acoustic Panels (Charc/Grape)- 12x12x2 (12pk)
With the exact same performance as our larger ATS Wedge Foam Acoustic Panels- 24x24x2, these ATS Wedge Foam Acoustic Panels absorb the most sound per dollar invested when compared to our ATS Acoustic Panels with Original Fabric. ATS Wedge Foam Acoustic Panels are highly effective at high-range frequencies and at mid-range frequencies down to 500Hz. Containing both our standard Charcoal and our new Grape colored panels, this 12 pack offers unlimited design possibilities when used in combination with our other ATS Foam Acoustic Products. Mix and match sizes, colors, and thicknesses to create a look exclusive to your design personality!
Specs and Features:
- 2 lbs/cf density acoustic foam
- Each panel is 2 inches thick
- Twelve panels per package (12sqft of coverage)
- Each package contains 6 Charcoal panels and 6 Grape panels
- Panels can be easily cut to fit any space
- ASTM E84 Class A(1) Fire Rated
- FREE shipping via UPS Ground
- Made in the USA
Learn more about ATS Wedge Foam Acoustic Panels (Charc/Grape)- 12x12x2 (12pk).
ATS is happy to announce we have added Monitor Isolation Pads to our line of great products to provide an additional solution for your acoustic needs.
Monitor Isolation Pads
Placing the Monitor Isolation Pads under your speakers and monitors absorbs vibrations, which prevents them from transferring from your equipment to the surrounding surfaces. This dampening of the auxiliary vibrations improves the accuracy and clarity of the sound enhancing your listening experience.
Specs and Features:
- The pads are angled at 4 degrees.
- Two wedges, side by side, can support up to 100 pounds.
- Each monitor Isolation Pad is 12″ x 4″ x 1.5″.
- Two (2) Isolation Pads per pack.
- ASTM E84 Class A(1) Fire Rated
- Affordable shipping via USPS
Learn more about Monitor Isolation Pads.
Helping churches and worship environments sound their best is important to us. We especially enjoy connecting with audio professionals, music enthusiasts, and worship leaders and learning about their experiences and worship spaces.
From July 14 – 17, we will have the opportunity to engage with these communities at the National Worship Leader Conference in Kansas City, KS. The NWLC is a premier event for training and equipping worship leaders, bands, vocalists, tech specialists, and choirs through dynamic workshops, face-to-face mentorship, and exposure to cutting-edge technology.
Our team will be on-site with ATS Acoustics acoustical wall and ceiling treatments for fellowship halls, sanctuaries, gymnasiums, and classrooms. Those that are interested in attending can use promotional code ATS10 and register on the NWLC-Kansas site to receive a 10% discount off the current registration price.
ATS Acoustics will be attending the 2014 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show held May 17–20 at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL.
Over the course of the four-day event, ATS Acoustics will join the NRA trade show floor to exhibit our range of acoustical solutions for quieter dining environments. Our noise solutions for great-sounding, great-looking restaurants include: ATS Acoustic Wall Panels, ATS Art Acoustic Panels, and ATS Ceiling Baffles.
ATS Art Acoustic Panels at Alamo Cafe, TX
ATS Acoustics will be at Booth #9710, North Hall, Level 1, and engineers will be on-site to answer acoustical and design questions. Restauranteurs can learn how to enhance their facility’s atmosphere and discover how to provide a comfortable, intelligible dining environment for their guests.
ATS Ceiling Panels at Fortify Kitchen & Bar, GA
Working from a home office can be frustrating when faced with distracting household sounds and disruptions. To maximize your work experiences in a home workspace, try a few of these soundproofing strategies.
Switch to a heavier door: Large amounts of noise can actually enter your home office through the bottom of your office door. This can be easily fixed by switching your existing door with a solid core door designed to reduce noise.
Cover your floors: Floor coverings will help stop noise from bouncing around your office’s hard surfaces. Add a carpet or a few thick throw rugs and make a big difference in dampening loud echoes.
Adding insulation to certain areas can help stop noise from entering your room.
Plug sound leaks: Noise can travel through the tiniest of gaps. Acoustical sealants, such as QuietSeal Pro Acoustical Sealant, can be used to fill openings between ductwork, overhead lighting fixtures, and door casings. You can also apply acoustical putty pads around electrical outlets and water hookups. For additional soundproofing, fill the wall and ceiling cavities with insulation board, such as Acoustical Fire Batts.
Hang acoustic panels: Acoustic panels are an affordable and easy-to-install solution for soundproofing. Be creative and use ATS Art Acoustic Panels to turn your acoustic panels into beautiful art images. Alternatively, try ATS Tackable Acoustic Panels, a dual purpose sound treatment that offers a tackboard and a sound absorbing panel.
ATS Acoustic Panels will help soundproof your home office.
Even small changes can help create a quieter and more comfortable work environment in your home office. If we can help solve your noise problems, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Quality childcare centers foster a child’s social, emotional, and intellectual development and provide a safe and supportive physical environment. Sometimes overlooked, the acoustics of the childcare environment are worth paying attention to.
Why are acoustics important in childcare centers?
Although the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) has acoustical standards for school facilities, similar criteria for addressing noise issues in daycare centers has yet to be developed. Young children need minimal background noise in their learning environments in order to understand language. If a childcare environment has large amounts of reflective surfaces and background noise, this “sound buildup” can cause communication difficulty between caregivers and children. Too much noise can also interfere with a child’s ability to discriminate between meaningful speech and has been linked to affecting hearing loss, attention skills, and elevated blood pressure levels (Holland, Healthy Child Care).
Some suggestions for creating quieter childcare environments include:
- If possible, avoid building child care centers near noise sources such as major highways, street intersections, railroad lines, or airport flight paths.
- Place acoustic panels throughout the child care center to reduce reflected sound and increase speech clarity.
- Use cork floors, mats, or carpeting in appropriate spaces.
- Open floor arrangements can attribute to higher noise levels. Create quieter sleeping or napping areas by varying ceiling heights, or by hanging acoustic baffles.
- Incorporate acoustic ceiling panels in the ceiling design. Ceiling installations are an affordable way to solve acoustical concerns without using valuable wall space.
- Add sound control and a visual element with colorful, kid-friendly art acoustic panels.
Kid-friendly Art Acoustic Panels offer bright, fun designs plus acoustical control.
Paying attention to acoustics can not only create a more comfortable childcare environment, but it can be crucial in fostering a safe and healthy center for children. Even simple changes to a child care center’s acoustical plan can make a big difference in a child’s learning atmosphere.
If we can help solve your noise problems, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
The physical and social environment of a workplace, including cafeterias, employee lounges, and break rooms, can be key factors in measuring employee satisfaction. As well as providing a relaxing area during the work day, meetings and other activities frequently occur in these spaces, and excess noise can interfere with fulfilling objectives.
Some goals to consider when designing an effective and comfortable work space may include:
- Reducing echo and reverberant noise as much as possible.
- Controlling the impact of generated noise to surrounding work areas.
- Minimizing ambient noise from outdoors and nearby conversations.
Custom Acoustic Panels improve a cafeteria environment. (Corflex, Quebec)
Absorptive materials in the form of Acoustic Panels or Ceiling Panels can help meet these goals. The following sound control products were used by recent ATS Acoustics’ customers when designing their employee work spaces:
Unique images create comfortable employee lounges. (Jameson Interiors, TX)
We’re here to offer unlimited design choices and customized options for your work space. Whether we turn a company logo into a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork or create a collage of multi-colored panels to brighten the room, we will make sure that the work space meets both your aesthetic and acoustical goals.
We build custom acoustic panels to order every day. Most of them are standard specifications in custom sizes. Here are some other customizations we also build into products for our customers on a regular basis.
- Choose an edge profile – beveled or square. Beveled edges have a 1/2-inch 45-degree eased edge around the entire rim while square edges have a typical boxed edge.
- Use custom-specified fabrics to match your room. Choose from our fabric options, specify Guilford of Maine fabric, or select your own fabric and send it to us.
- Specify a core material that meets your needs including: Roxul AFB, ECOSE® fiberglass, recycled cotton material, or Owens Corning 703 or 705.
- Try custom shapes and sizes for a unique look. Hexagons, triangles, rectangles, 1″ frames, 4″ frames, and more.
Our routine customization options combine for literally millions of unique acoustic panel variations. And that doesn’t count customizations based on individual customer needs, specific drawings, etc. We’re serious about custom acoustic panels, done quickly, done right, here in the USA.
Acoustic Panels - An Easy Solution to Help Students Learn
Learning environments with excess reverberation and noise can affect a student’s understanding of lessons and discussions. Simple sound control applications can drastically improve classrooms with these types of noise problems.
The following are a few affordable and effective acoustical applications that can improve the acoustical design of a classroom and enhance a student’s quality of education.
- Acoustic Panels are the most common sound control application and can be customized to meet size, shape, and fabric specifications.
- Tackable Acoustic Panels function as both an effective sound absorber and a tackable surface.
- Acoustic Ceiling Panels fit into standard drop ceilings and will upgrade the acoustical quality of a classroom without using wall space.
Additional acoustic treatment ideas for schools can be found on our Classroom Acoustic Panels application page.